Become a Voice Road Harm Volunteer
Our service would not be as effective without our team of volunteers. Our volunteers provide a vital service to those who come to Voice Road Harm for much needed help, support and advice.
From providing administrative support to acting as caseworkers and providing a listening ear, the service that our volunteers give is invaluable.
As a volunteer you will be given rigorous training and gain new skills that you can use in your everyday life.
You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that what you are doing is making a real difference to people’s lives.
As a Voice Volunteer you will receive the following training:
- How the criminal justice system works;
- how to access support services;
- road safety and the impact that road accidents have on people and their families.
Qualities you need to become a Voice Volunteer:
- Empathy and an interest in people;
- a calm, unflappable character;
- open-minded and able to communicate with people of all cultures, faiths and backgrounds;
- discreet and able to hold confidences;
- organisation skills.