Vacancy – Part time postal and administration support
Are you looking to get back into work? Or looking to develop new administration skills within an office environment? Then our postal and administration support role could be for you. We are a small, non-profit making business who support victims and witnesses of crime. Hours 9-1, Mon-Fri, central Northampton location, free parking.
JOB TITLE: Part time postal and administration support.
SALARY: Scale 3 – £19,452 – £20,706 (37 hours) / Pro rata: £10,515 – £11,192 (20 hours)
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL: Business Delivery and Performance Manager
PLACE OF WORK: Warwick House, Billing Road, Cliftonville, Northampton, NN1 5BE
HOURS OF WORK: 20 hours a week between 9am and 1pm
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021
INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD: 9 & 10 December 2021
Purpose of the job
To provide postal and general administrative support to Voice for Victims and Witnesses to ensure quality of service and correspondence in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Process, produce and distribute all outgoing correspondence.
- Process and distribute all incoming correspondence.
- Monitor stationery supplies and provide support to the Voice Administrator for stock replenishment when necessary act as the point of contact for maintenance of office reprographic equipment, first aid and fire equipment.
- Provide general support to site visitors.
- Provide general administrative support to Voice for Victims and Witnesses teams and the Voice Administrator as directed.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will also be required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time to be within the general scope of the post.
Please note all applicants must have been resident in the U.K for 3 years prior to applying.
Conditions of service
The appointment will be part time, unless otherwise contracted, and subject to the conditions of service of Voice for Victims and Witnesses Ltd.
The annual leave entitlement is 23 days (pro rota) with a further 5 days after 5 years continuous service.
Please provide a supporting statement setting out how you meet the following criteria, providing specific examples for the criteria at points 2 and 4.
Your supporting statement will be assessed for your suitability for interview.
Please also provide a copy of your current CV.
- Qualified to GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent and/or have experience in a post requiring the use of English Language to the above standard.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task and prioritise work effectively with minimal supervision (SS)
- Proficient in the use of common IT systems including word, outlook, PowerPoint and excel and in the use of reprographic equipment.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail whilst working to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment (SS)
- Demonstrate a level of awareness of diversity issues appropriate to this role.
- Proven ability for maintaining confidentiality.
- Some administration and organisational skills or experience in an administration or administration support role.