Vacancy – Administrator
Have you got excellent administration and communication skills? And an interest in helping those who’ve experienced domestic abuse by supporting in an administrative role?
Voice for Victims & Witnesses are repsonsible for providing administration and coordination for Northamptonshire’s Multi Agency Risk Assessent Conference (MARAC) process. Meetings are held across the county where information is shared on the highest risk domestic abuse cases between representatives of local police, health, child protection, housing practitioners, Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVAs), probation and other specialists from the statutory and voluntary sectors.
This Administrator role is responsible for a wide range of confidential and comprehensive administration services to Northamptonshire’s Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC).
JOB TITLE: Administrator
SCALE: (4) Salary £21,135 – £23,406
SUPERVISION AND CONTROL: MARAC Co-ordinator
PLACE OF WORK: Warwick House, Cliftonville, Northampton NN1 5BE
HOURS OF WORK: 37
CLOSING DATE: 6th December 2021
- To provide a full range of confidential secretarial, administrative and support services to Northamptonshire’s Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences. This includes understanding MARAC processes (training will be provided) and procedures, attending meetings, taking and distributing minutes, monitoring actions from meetings and maintaining accurate records.
- Collate and inform partners of MARAC referrals, set up and maintain records in respect of all referrals to MARAC, collate and supply information and reports to relevant partners.
- Contact partner agencies involved with the MARAC/Multi-agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA) process in response to questions, sending and receiving information etc, exercising judgement and tact in deciding how to deal with such contacts.
- Provide clerical assistance and administrative support to the MARAC coordinator and chair as required, using software applications including MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Ecins and Niche. Answering the telephone and taking messages, making appointments, booking meetings, inviting representatives from MARAC / MAPPA agencies to attend etc.
- Attend MARAC meetings across Northamptonshire for the purpose of taking comprehensive minutes and then to complete and finalise those minutes within reasonable and set timescales.
- Contribute to the planning of own development needs including such training courses that are deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the principles in respect of sharing information and confidentiality are maintained and take adequate security precautions in respect of information concerning MARAC cases.
- The post holder will be expected to work closely with colleagues in accordance with Service objectives, to ensure a coherent, efficient and mutually supportive approach.
- The post holder will be expected to carry out other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time, in connection with the responsibilities of the post.
The job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which the post holder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working and major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and other consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder. The post holder will also be required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time to be within the general scope of the post.
Information heard within the scope of this role can be distressing at times and appropriate support structures are in place should they be needed.
Please note all applicants must have been resident in the UK for 3 years prior to applying.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Must hold a driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
The appointment will be full time and subject to the conditions of service of Voice.
The annual leave entitlement is 23 days with a further 5 days after 5 years continuous service.
(SS) denotes experience of these to be included within your supporting statement
- Minimum of RSA II typing/word processing qualifications or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to take accurate notes and minutes of meetings. (SS)
- Ability to establish and maintain databases and spreadsheets. (SS)
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral. (SS)
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Be able to respond confidently to enquiries both on the telephone and in person.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. (SS)
- Work flexibly and responsibly on their own initiative to manage work demands and pressures. (SS)
- Proven administrative experience. (SS)
- Proven track record of successfully working in partnership with other agencies.
- Ability to travel freely throughout Northamptonshire to attend meeting as required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a level of awareness of equality issues appropriate to this role.
- Experience / knowledge of working with issues of domestic violence.